Samuel L Jackson was on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” and talked about his upcoming Marvel projects and here are the things he revealed:
- * He has a nine-year picture deal with Marvel Studios to portray Nick Fury — so far he has played him in two of them.
* He will shoot one day on “Thor” and then one day on “Captain America: First Avenger, and both are basically done now; he just has to shoot his scenes.
* According to Jackson, he’s connecting to them to make them join “The Avengers.”
* When he was asked if these are scenes that are after the credits, he responded that he had no idea.
“The Avengers” will start shooting in April.
* He was screen testing with some actresses Friday for a character in “The Avengers” that he says “is like my sidekick, she’s with me all the time.”
When it comes to the last part, Hollywood Reporter revealed a shortlist of actresses that screen tested for this role: Morena Baccarin, Jessica Lucas, Cobie Smulders and Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
According to Deadline, the role is Maria Hill and the part is going to Smulders. I’m a fan of hers from “How I Met Your Mother,” so I hope she gets the role.
So thanks to Jackson, we now know when “The Avengers” will start shooting and we know for sure that he is slated to show up in “Thor” and “Captain America.”
Regarding “The Avengers,” I’m glad that at least one big superhero team is getting a movie. Hopefully, Warner Bros. will realize that maybe a Justice League movie is something they should do.
“Thor” is out in theaters May 6 and “Captain America: The First Avenger” on July 22. “The Avengers” will be released by Disney May 4, 2012. In the meantime, discuss and leave your comments at right. Are you thrilled about everything Jackson revealed about his cameos and about “The Avengers”?
. . .
Follow Andy Behbakht on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Haoh93.